What is e-Commerce?
Electronic Commerce, commonly known as eCommerce, is the buying and selling of products or services over the Internet. If your business sells products or services, then you really need to consider adding eCommerce to your website.
Brick and Mortar shops can also sell their inventory online. Service providers can take payments online, reducing the task of receiving payments in person and making deposits at their bank.
eCommerce Functions and Options:
- SSL Certificate: This is a must for any website that processes payment information.
- Customer Accounts: Register / Login / View previous orders
- Product Sales: Product Pages with Images, Descriptions, Reviews, etc.
- Services: View current statements, make payments online, make appointments, etc.
- Integration with all major payment gateways: Paypal, Authorize.net, etc.
- Order Exports, Order Reporting
- UPS, FedEx, USPS Shipping Integration
- Accounting Program Integration: ex. Quickbooks